Running FanaticAll plans by this Coach
Break the 40 on 10k !
Here a program to achieve a 10k under 40 minutes.
This training program is aimed at an intermediate-advanced 10k road runner who wants to build a solid running base and who wants to increase his maximal aerobical speed. If you're stuck at a certain level, this program is for you.
The program is based on %Maximum Heart Rate.
The program includes a running-specific core strength training program.
During the first week, there's a easy test to know if you are able to accomplish this program.
This plan is a specific preparation for a race. You need to realize a general preparation before begin this program.
A general preparation lasts between 2 and 4 months and consists of:
- 3 trainings a week endurance (<75% HRmax)
And one of this training:
- Speed training
- Increase your maximal aerobic speed
If you find this program too easy or too hard, please contact me at the following adress and I will make a few adaptations with pleasure.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.