10k intermediate (45min) - 16 weeks
Running FanaticAll plans by this Coach
Do you want to realize a 10k in less than 45min?
Here's a program to be completed in 12 weeks to achieve your goal.
This training program is aimed at an intermediate 10k road runner who wants to build a solid running base and who wants to increase his maximal aerobical speed. If you're stuck at a certain level, this program is for you.
The program is based on %Maximum Heart Rate.
The program includes a running-specific core strength training program.
This program is a specific preparation for a race. You need to realize a general preparation before begin this program.
A general preparation lasts between 2 and 4 months and consists of:
- 2 trainings a week endurance (<75% HRmax)
- Speed training
- Increase your maximal aerobic speed
If you find this program too easy or too hard, please contact me at the following adress and I will make a few adaptations with pleasure.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?