10k beginner (<1h) - 12 weeks
Running FanaticAll plans by this Coach
Do you want to realize a 10k in less than 1 hour?
Here's a program to be completed in 12 weeks to achieve your goal.
This training program is aimed at an beginner 10k road runner who wants to build a solid running base and who wants to increase his maximal aerobical speed. If you're stuck at a certain level, this program is for you.
The program is based on %Maximum Heart Rate.
The program includes a running-specific core strength training program.
This program should be used for an athlete whose goal is to run a 10k in the 55:00-65:00 range and has a good running base in the past 5 weeks. The schedule consists of 2 runs per week.
Before starting this program, you should run 1 or 2 times a week for 3-5 weeks during 30 minutes at a low intensity. With this low intensity you will be able to accumulate the training's stress and prevent injuries.
If you find this program too easy or too hard, please contact me at the following adress and I will make a few adaptations with pleasure.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?