Starting at Zero - 0-10k
If you're starting at zero and looking for a plan that builds up smart and encourages you to lace up - this is a perfect starting point. this build up gives you 4 months/ 16 weeks to get ready for your debut 10K. This progression is designed for a true beginner that needs a build up that will help you avoid over training and enjoy the process of training for your first 10K.
The framework of this plan ensures that you'll build up your mileage as well as build up the number of days you're running each week. This plan integrate speed work, long runs, and gives you a taste of what our other plans can offer.
Anxious about getting started? This plan framework has proven itself over and over for new athletes - giving them confidence on race day. What this plan delivers:
- Progressive plan for new runners
- Access to coaches via e-mail for plan questions
- 3 week periodization with a rest week every 4th week
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.