MultiSportCoaching.co.zaAll plans by this Coach
This Training Plan is for the runner who wants to prepare for a 10km distance road running race and has between 4 and 7 hours available for training per week.
What monitoring equipment do you require to get the most out of this training plan?
A heart rate monitor is essential for the running and cross-training sessions as the training zones are expressed in %THR (%Threshold Heart Rate)
Why use this training plan?
Base training is the single most crucial training phase of the year.
Many athletes never reach their full potential because they neglect this critical phase of training
This training plan should form the first phase of your preparation and will improve your aerobic fitness and sport-specific strength.
Base training will prepare your body for the rigours of the next training phases which will include more training Volume and Intensity.
What can you expect?
This plan starts at 4 hours and 09 minutes and builds up to a maximum of 6 hours and 33 minutes per week.
Week 1: Test Week
Weeks 2 to 5: Block 1 of Base Training
Weeks 6 to 9: Block 2 of Base Training
Week 10: Re-test Week
Access to Facilities
Access to a flat 5km running route or circuit for the Test and Re-Test weeks.
What is included with the training plan?
Included with this plan are sport-specific flexibility and core strength plans.
Access our FREE training tools to help you accurately set up your training zones.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.