Running beginners with a sporty background can use this training plan to complete 10 km without break within 12 weeks.
You are a running beginner with a sporty background, which means you play football, tennis or cycle regularly. In the first three weeks of the training plan, short walk breaks are planned. From the fourth week on, you can manage all the running units without walking. The longest run increases by 5-10 minutes from week to week. So you can participate in your first 10 km run in just 12 weeks.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:57 hrs||1:20 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:57 hrs||1:20 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.