Intermediate to Advanced 10K Run Training Plan
Moving ForwardAll plans by this Coach
You have been running for awhile, you (and your body) feel great. You want to improve your 10K time, but want to be reasonable with your time each week. This plan's focus is the higher intensity with some 1/2 mile intervals along with some steady state miles as well. Using the RPE as your guide will help you achieve higher levels of fitness for race day. This is plan is not an overdistance approach to improving your time.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x4
|1:30 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|0:06 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:30 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||0:06 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?