The Distance Coaching - coach since 1998All plans by this Coach
THE DISTANCE COACHING
AN EDUCATED APPROACH TO RUNNING PROGRAM DESIGN
So, you want to run a strong 10km? Not sure how to train for it? This program is for you.
This program assumes that you already run regularly - you have already done some 5km events and can currently manage training runs of up to 8km.
A coach since 1998 and a passion for anatomy and the physiology of exercise, our head coach is an accomplished age group Marathon and Cross Country runner, Iron Distance Triathlete and 3 time World Championship representative. He is an accredited Lvl 2 Advanced Athletics Australia running coach, former Athletics Australia course facilitator and holds a B.App.Sci. (Human Movement) and Post Grad.Dip. (Exercise Science)
If you ever need clarification feel free to email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or via www.thedistancecoaching.com which is also where you can DOWNLOAD OUR FREE TRAINING RESOURCE MATERIAL
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS PROGRAM
This program is a 10 week lead in and there is an emphasis throughout this program on teaching you pacing and consistency, both of which are critical to training and racing.
Our running programs are designed using training fundamentals proven to enhance performance. Inserted strategically each week are various forms of aerobic, anaerobic and high intensity running specific training sessions.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.