Coach Joe HowdyshellAll plans by this Coach
This fall we put together a new system of training plans to help YOU get the most of out of your training for skimo!
The plans are split into three main types:
1. Skimo FINISH plans, designed for getting you across the finish-line of your long objective or race. These plans are long (21-weeks) in order to fit most people. If you've been training a lot, then you can start later in the plan, if you have time and haven't been training much, then start at the beginning!
- Skimo Winter FINISH 10-hour race, 21-weeks.
- Skimo Winter FINISH 12-hour race, 21-weeks.
- Skimo Winter FINISH 15-hour race, 21-weeks.
2. Skimo FAST plans, designed for getting you those with speed on their minds. Do you know you could finish your goal race/objective, but want to be able to do it FASTER than ever? Then pick a FAST plan to get you there!
- Skimo Winter FAST 8 hours, 8 weeks.
- Skimo Winter FAST 8 hours, 12 weeks.
- Skimo Winter FAST 10 hours, 8 weeks.
- Skimo Winter FAST 10 hours, 12 week.
- Skimo Winter FAST 12 hours, 8 weeks.
- Skimo Winter FAST 12 hours, 12 weeks.
- Skimo Winter FAST 15 hours, 8 weeks.
- Skimo Winter FAST 15 hours, 12 week.
3. Skimo BUILD plans, designed for increasing your capacity. Not quite sure what your goal is, but know you need to start training? Get a BUILD plan! These plans stand alone as a training block.
- Skimo Winter BUILD 5-8 hours, 8 weeks.
- Skimo Winter BUILD 5-9 hours, 12 weeks.
- Skimo Winter BUILD 9-12 hours, 8 weeks.
- Skimo Winter BUILD 9-15 hours, 12 week.
Designed by world class skimo coaches at the Summit Endurance Academy!
These plans provides a structured and periodized training schedule in order to maximise your fall fitness gains. Each week contains intervals, strength, skills training, and a long weekend workout.
Purchase of these plans includes our comprehensive Skimo Training Guide, which explains how to use your training plan plus email access to Summit Endurance Academy coaches at any time for questions that you may have about this plan, videos explanations of strength exercises, and Badass Coaching style motivation.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?