Coralie NeilAll plans by this Coach
So your off on a trek. How exciting!
Whether you're heading halfway across the world or staying closer to home, a high altitude trek or long-distance walk is an amazing experience, and those memories will stay with you forever.
However, all that time in the mountains is tough on your body, so you need to be fit and strong to get the most out of your trip.
You are not going to believe the progress you can make in just a few months, with quality programming and a bit of hard work!
In this 20-week training program;
- You're going to build a huge aerobic base so you can cruise along day after day on your trek, just taking in the views.
- You are going to build a solid foundation of full-body strength, to power you up steep mountainsides or long snowfields.
- Those knees, ankles and hips. They are going to be bulletproof by the end of this plan. So you can amble downhill without a worry.
We love the process of training. And we hope that in following this plan you will also push your self outside your comfort zone, increase your knowledge of how to train your body, and be in the best possible fitness for your adventure.
The program includes;
- 2 strength training workouts per week. With warm-up instructions and high-quality coaching videos for every exercise.
- 3-4 aerobic sessions per week. Including long mountain walks, most weeks.
- A 23 page Ebook with everything you need to know about the program and how to make it your own.
- A 10 page Ebook on mobility. Complete with multiple do-at-home assessments and routines to add to your plan.
- Support through email and social media to answer any questions or queries.
- Written by a qualified personal trainer and mountain professional.
- An exercise matt or, comfortable surface to lie on.
- A set of resistance bands, either large loop or tube bands with handles are fine
- A set of 'mini band' or 'thigh band' resistance bands
- A suspension trainer or set of gymnastic rings
A pair of small dumbbells. Ones that are adjustable up to around 10kg are good.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?