12 Week Beginner Backcountry/Ski Mo Pre-Season Plan
Cascade EnduranceAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week plan is designed to take the beginner/intermediate endurance athlete toward a great season in the mountains, whether for backcountry ski touring or ski-mountaineering/randonee racing.
At a minimum you should be able to run 45-60min and train 4-5x per week to begin this plan. Access to hilly terrain is a great benefit but many people have followed these training prescriptions in flat country, utilizing treadmills, stair masters and tall buildings as their vertical.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?