Andrew DollarAll plans by this Coach
This is a 12 week half marathon plan for the intermediate runner. The ideal runner will be experience in running races to the extent that they have competed in 2-3 races previously. The plan is also applicable to the athlete wanting to improve their half marathon times.
The plan is designed for FIVE runs every week. The plan consists of 3 easy runs, 1 speedwork or tempo run and 1 long run each week. Crosstraining is prescribed on Monday and rest on Friday. The plan may be adapted to meet the needs of the athlete.
The plan starts with 18 miles in the first week and builds to 32.5. The long run will reach 12 miles prior to the race. Athletes should have a basic understanding of pacing prior to starting the plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?