This is a 13-week plan for a swimmer or triathlete who goes to masters or other organized workouts but needs some other workouts to mix in with them. This plan is endurance-based, I assume that you are getting the skill work and specificity at the in-person classes and these workouts are extra endurance work to complement your classes.
It includes three endurance freestyle workouts per week and one non-free workout per week. Each freestyle workout includes kicking, sculling, a skill set based on your stroke count and speed, and a main set adjusted to your own speed. a spreadsheet is provided that automatically adjusts the repeat numbers and repeat distances.
The non free workouts are 3 Backstroke workouts, 3 combined Back and Breast workouts, 3 Back Breast and Fly workouts, and 4 weeks of IM workouts.
It also includes critical pace testing in week 1, 6 and 13.
A cornerstone of the plan is repetition of workouts. There are several key sets that are repeated multiple times throughout the 13 weeks. The repetition will allow us to track progress as we go through the season. That constant feedback will serve as an important marker on how we are developing.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.