10 week Olympic Plan for Beginners/Intermediates
Alissa AndersonAll plans by this Coach
This ten-week olympic plan is a simple to follow plan for beginner to intermediate triathletes. It is a low-to-moderate-volume plan that is appropriate for beginners and also those who have experience in the sport of triathlon, but have limited time to train. The plan prescribes 2 swims, 3 bikes, and 2 to 3 runs per week. The weekly volume ranges from 5 to 9 hours. This is a Monday to Sunday plan, so the plan should be applied to your Training Peaks account with a Monday start date. If your race is on a Saturday, we suggest modifying the final week, rather than starting the plan on a Sunday, so that your long workouts still fall on the weekends. Monday is the rest day as this plan is written and the 4th and 7th weeks are rest weeks.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:39 hrs||2:40 hrs|
|1:43 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|1:41 hrs||1:19 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:39 hrs||2:40 hrs|
||1:43 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||1:41 hrs||1:19 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?