Skimo - 12-week -Season Transition Plan - 8 hours/week
Summit Endurance AcademyAll plans by this Coach
Designed for EXPERIENCED skimo athletes looking to transition from cycling to skimo racing or backcountry skiing.
Hand-crafted by USSMA National Team Head Coach Joe Howdyshell, MS, this plan encapsulates his passion for the sport and his nation-leading knowledge of skimo coaching.
The plan provides a 12-week structured and periodized training schedule averaging 8 hours of training/week in order to maximize your performance gains. Each week contains intervals, strength, and a long weekend workout.
Prior to using this plan, you should be able to hike/run in steep terrain for 2 hours (without feeling like you're going to die).
Purchase of this plan includes our comprehensive Skimo Training Guide, which explains how to use your training plan plus email access to Coach Joe at any time for questions that you may have about this plan, videos explanations of strength exercises, and Badass Coaching style motivation.
**Warning: Plan notes contain profanity. Why? Because we f*&ing love it.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?