Ingrid MillerAll plans by this Coach
Purpose: Build Speed Skills and Base Endurance for triathletes racing any distance.
Duration: 6-8 hrs/week with optional additional ride on Sunday adding up to 100 min. Swim progresses to 30 min. Bike progresses from 1 hour to 2. Run builds from 30 min to 1 hour.
Focus: Speed Skills, Endurance.
Description: 3 workouts of each discipline per week. 6 days per week with Monday off. No Sunday Swim. Bike rides Saturday and Sunday. One trainer ride midweek. Walk Breaks on runs exceeding 30 minutes.Testing late in the program can be used to determine heart rate zones (and for power users, FTP) for bike based on 8 min time trial format, and 1 mile run time can be used to set training paces. Effort based prior to training zones being set.
Equipment: Bike Trainer, Heart Rate Monitor
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?