Run Durability Progression
Vision Quest CoachingAll plans by this Coach
Runners are often the athletes most prone to injury. This can be the result of biomechanics and incorrect form, but it is often the result of building mileage and intensity too quickly and too aggressively.
Focusing on durability first through short, frequent and easy runs is a strategy that many runners can benefit from to lay a groundwork of fitness and resilience that will allow them to remain healthy through the training for events from 5k to marathon, along with ultra-distance running and triathlon competition.
This 8-week progression is ideal for the off-season when training stresses are low and the demands of competition are far away. Complete this progression first and then progress from there into the more typical training for your distance and discipline.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:44 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:44 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?