50m FC rest 10 secs,
100m rest 15 secs,
150m rest 15 secs, with fins
200m rest 25 secs,
250m rest 25 secs, with pull buoy
300m rest 35 secs,
350m rest 35 secs, with paddles
400m rest 45 secs, record time taken.
• 4x100m best average, rest 10 sec in between each 100m. Record average time.
• A strong effort but not exhaustive, as lots more to come!
• 4x100m best average, rest 15 sec in between each 100m. A little quicker than the previous round?
• 4x100m best average, rest 20 sec in between each 100m. Aim to be quicker than the previous.
• 4x100m best average, rest 30 sec in between each 100m. Aim for your fastest round.
If available spend 30-45mins in Openwater swimming FC. Every two mins add 15secs of fists clenched drill to remind you to pivot early at the elbow to expose the forearm to help use more of the arm as a paddle for pulling.
500m FC, BP 5 (taking a breath every 5th stroke) rest 20-30 secs throughout.
400m FC, BP 4(with a pull buoy), alternate lengths switch breathing sides
300m FC, BP 3 with fins.
200m with a snorkel, as much air as you like!
100m FC with a BP of '3.2', i.e. breathing every 3rd then take a second breath to the same side, should provide a little more air compared to every 3rd only.
100m with 15 secs rest,
200m with 25 secs rest,
300m with 35 secs rest,
400m with 45 secs rest, record time.
300m rest 30 secs,
200m rest 30 secs,
100m rest 30 secs,
5 x 300m resting 30 secs between each, build 1-5 so no 5 is your quickest. Even swims with a pull buoy < alternate lengths normal thigh position and at the ankles> Record your time on No5
4 x 500m FC swum as follows with 45secs between each block of 500m:
50m aim race target pace rest 10 secs
100m aim race target pace rest 20 secs
150m aim race target pace rest 30 secs
200m recovery with a pull buoy. Breathing every 3rd stroke.