Paul GardnerAll plans by this Coach
Includes Strength and Conditioning, Plyo, Warm ups and Cool downs
Distance | Event: Swim 1500 to 1K | WEEKLY 2-3.5 HOURS QUALITY WORK
Suitable for: Intermediate | Advanced
Suitable for an athlete conditioned or regularly training in this sport, or fit enough from other sports to require a challenging programme of improvement in their chosen discipline. Your goal may be a personal best, finishing high up in a banner event or representing your club regularly. You may also be stepping up a distance and want to do this in a smart way that maximises your resistance to injury and avoids overtraining. You get a progressive programme based on your chosen way of measuring effort that’s clear, easy to follow and starts with testing and manageable sessions that grow more challenging as you improve.
The plan will work your threshold pace and long endurance pace, ensuring that you knock significant time off your swim performance at the end of the training period. Shorter harder sessions are in the week, with a longer swim and optional technique sessions at the weekend
This swim boost programme suitable as a stand-alone performance programme for competent and confident Olympic distance triathletes and those planning on racing up to 1500 events. It is POOL BASED' with some additional Open Water and Sea sessions included if you want to use them at the end of this plan. This programme will be suitable for you if you are regularly swimming between 1500 and 2000 per session, front crawl with times per 100 between 1-25 and 2:15. All timings are set according to your swim ability
The programme is 12 weeks and a MANDATORY requirement will be use of the Finis Tempo Trainer pro OR a watch or water proof device capable of working like a metronome against which you can pace yourself. Theraband or old cycle tyre inner tube handy too. If you want to rely on a similar programme NOT using CSS by Swim Smooth, BTF performance partner then select the performance swim programme with ‘PACE’ in the title.
If you want to view other swimmer’s comments on the programme and coaching methodology, please visit www.swimwerkx.com. Full details can be found regarding Finis Tempo Trainer Pro on the www.racestronger.com website. It is about the best methodology available for improving swim times, so important for drafting races. It is used by Australian and British Triathlon
Plan includes all tests, calculators and sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
What you get:
• Video introduction and Welcome
• Full test protocols for benchmarking and improvement, plus retesting sessions
• One-minute videos on Training Peaks set up and use, plus how-to PDF
• Information on all links to connect your training device and Training Peaks+
• Full how to use PDF guide on CSS Critical Swim Speed training and links to purchase a Finis tempo trainer
• Free Swim Technique Video Library on YouTube
• ALL sessions based on YOUR fitness, pace, heart rate or power metrics
• Inbuilt ‘progression’ challenge, sessions get more challenging the fitter you get
• Full illustrated guides on all strength and conditioning sessions
• A plan based on your chosen way of measuring your effort and improvement
• A programme based not on hours, but on fitness progression for your chosen event
• An invitation to the closed group Racestronger Facebook pages where you can share experiences, ask questions and find out more relating to your training
All our plans offer proven results, and have been used by elites to novice level athletes in multi- discipline to single sport to achieve personal bests and outstanding performances. Race proven by the Lovetri |Swimwerkx team and hundreds of athletes worldwide. The library features full multi-discipline programmes and ‘boost’ programmes, allowing you to focus on your key area for improvement or excellence
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?