Spartan Super Training Plan: Novice
Bob Seebohar at eNRG PerformanceAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week program is meant to take a novice and prepare them for a Spartan Super Obstacle Course Race. This constitutes a 8+ mile course with 25 or more obstacles.
There are three phases to this training plan, separated into 4 week cycles. The first one focuses on building aerobic endurance and foundational strength. The second one adds more intensity with the strength exercises and the third one has more intensity and sport specific exercises.
The individual should have a basic foundation of aerobic fitness, should be exercising 3-4 times per week, and should be able to run 3 miles continuously before starting this program.
This plan was developed by Bob Seebohar, experienced Spartan athlete. In 2016, he competed at the Spartan World Championships in the Competitive category in the Beast race and placed 4th overall.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?