Functional Strength/Core 8 Weeks (No Cycling)
Hunter Allen & Peaks Coaching GroupAll plans by this Coach
Functional Strength/Core 8 Weeks (No Cycling) is a 12 week plan designed for the Cyclist or Triathlete who can train 3 days per week.
This plan is the prerequisite to Base/Foundation Functional Strength Weight Training 12 Weeks (No Cycling)
Functional strength training is a range of total-body activities that build strength, balance and coordination for general fitness. A host of training methodologies will be employed in this training plan, strength training, core conditioning, balance training and plyometrics for explosive power. These are often things that are overlooked by many cyclists.
In order to perform at your best and reduce the risk of injury, one needs to do more than just train on the bike.
Designed and written by Hunter Allen, former pro cyclist, co-Founder of Training Peaks and WKO, co-author of Training and Racing with a Power Meter and Cutting-Edge Cycling and Founder and CEO of Peaks Coaching Group. The Workouts included in these pioneering and ruthlessly vetted Training Plans are the same Workouts that Hunter uses with his own Clients. Battle tested and podium approved.
Discover the benefits of a Peaks Coaching Group Training Plan
• All plans are backed by Peaks Coaching Group’s 100% Money Back Guarantee...
• Most are designed and written by Hunter Allen, one of the world’s leading experts on power training...
• Exclusive Membership to our private PCG Training Plan Facebook Group...
• Our Plans meet the needs of Cyclists and Endurance Athletes of all abilities...
Still have questions? E-mail Hunter Allen
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?