Christopher MyersAll plans by this Coach
Welcome to the 3 Sports Science Advanced Strength and Conditioning Training Plan. This 12-week plan is for any endurance athlete looking to begin strength training and assumes you have little to no experience with resistance training. In this plan, you will perform two (2) whole body workouts per week. Each workout lasts 45 minutes and works well in the base and early build phase of any endurance Annual Training Plan. The general outline of the plan is as follows:
Weeks 1 & 2 - Focus - Muscular Endurance
Weeks 3 & 4 - Focus - Hypertrophy
Weeks 5 & 6 - Focus - Muscular Endurance
Weeks 7 - 9 - Focus - Hypertrophy
Weeks 10 - 12 - Focus - Muscular Endurance
This entire program is written by Dr. Chris Myers who has a Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology, specializing in endurance physiology, and has a background in sports nutrition. He is the Head Coach and founder of 3 Sports Science, USAC Level 1 Coach, USA Swimming Level 4, USAT Level IIE, NCSA CSCS, and IMU Certified coach.
Thank you for your interest in this training plan. If you have any questions, comments, or need clarification, feel free to email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.