Cascade EnduranceAll plans by this Coach
This eight-week plan represents an excellent starting point for endurance athletes who are taking their first steps into structured strength training, or who's training has been devoid of strength for a period of 8+ months. It's designed to follow the Base Strength I plan, also available through Training Peaks.
The programmed days provide the strength workout along with a recovery workout. Additional training volume with aerobic and intensity sessions are determined on your own, or can be added by utilizing another of our Cascade Endurance training plans.
This plan can be done at home or a gym. For the exercises requiring a squat rack (back squat and deadlift), we offer alternatives where you can get creative with adding weight (use a backpack, kettlebells, or other heavy things you have around the house).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?