Strength Training Plan for Cyclists
Kasper Hartl HansenAll plans by this Coach
About this training plan
This training plan is constructed by Kasper Hartl Hansen, EREPS certified personal trainer with specialty in cycling. The purpose of this training plan is to offer a strength training plan that:
1 - follow a clear path of progression supporting your on-bike training plan
2 - focus on your upper body and core as well as legs.
The training plan will lead you through the four phases; Anatomical Adaptation, Muscular Transition, Muscular Strength and Strength Maintenance, before leaving you with a clear idea of how you can continue with strength training throughout your season, working around and supporting your race goals.
This training plan is based on years of experience, best practices and professional indsight. Throughout the training plan you will be strengthened in your lower- and upper body as well as your core, ensuring 360 degree strengthening which translates to watts, stamina and control on the bike. Exercises are of advanced character, often times standing, hanging og laying with free weights. This offer stimulation of a wider group of muscles while ensuring mobility and functionality which ensures effective utilisation on the bike.
- A fitness center setup with dumbbellls, olympic bar, squat rack and the like is needed to follow this plan.
- Functional core workouts included.
- Loads are based on 1RM (Repetition Maximum) meaning you will need your math hat with out - calculations are explained.
- Workouts can be moved in the training plan in order to accommodate schedule and on-bike training, but allow for at least 48 hours rest between strength workouts.
- E-mail support with the responsible coach if you have questions to the plan: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a more customised plan meeting your specific requirements, contact the coach for a consultation in order to secure a made-to-fit version. Cost of consultation + a made-to-fit plan = 37,5 USD. Offer only applicable to customers holding a current training plan.
More from Optimum Performance Coaching
We offer a broad range of training plans for cyclists. All training plans are based on tested principles supported by experience, professional insight and scientific evidens. Read more about Optimum on the website (supports translator) www.optimumcoaching.dk. Here you will also find the blog, Baroudeur, with a broad catalogue of content from training, nutrition and recovery and much more.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?