Steven Moody - Coach of the year, IRONMANU, Training peaks & ITU certifiedAll plans by this Coach
4 week swim replacement strength plan - home friendly
I really do appreciate your help with my strength training! It's difficult to find a healthy balance with strength training and triathlon training. I know I need strength and conditioning to rehab my body and prevent me from getting injured further, but I also don't want my muscles to be too sore or tired to perform in key endurance sets or races. This plan is easy to understand, well thought out, and conducive to strengthening your body to complement your normal endurance training. All exercises are ones that will benefit you in the sport, rather than just going to the gym and throwing weight around.
Thanks again for this plan! You rock.
Cheyenne Meyer, USAT elite development athlete
**NB 100% home compatible - only essential equipment requirements are a selection of dumbbells and resistance bands**
**Will help you if unable to get to indoor or outdoor swimming options **
This 4 week (2 hrs a week at peak) strength program is designed for a swimmer/triathlete who is looking to build swim specific muscles to improve their swim splits.
The plan outlines swim specific muscle groups you are targeting and why.
It can be used in conjunction with standard swim training or on its own if you face an extended period of time with no pool access.
Each of the exercises in the plan is video demo-ed in a handy kick off document with key safety tips/pointers useful for the absolute beginner upwards
The program also outlines recommended progression in terms of increasing weights and/or intensity and with approx 2 hours a week in total to complete all exercises - can easily be integrated with a full training plan.
4 sessions a week
What do you get in this plan?
• How to use the plan documentation including video links on how to correctly execute the prescribed exercises
Have a question? Click here to ask me directly and I will respond within a few hours
Want to see reviews? Click here for testimonials
Not the right plan for you? Click here to view my other STRENGTH plans
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.