Dr Will O'ConnorAll plans by this Coach
Use this training plan for the final 6 weeks leading into Red Bull Defiance.
An often neglected area of preparing for an event is simulating the race environment in training. During defiance you will be training with a partner, carrying your food and water, and exercising for long durations on back-to-back days in the middle of summer.
Some important aspects that are integrated into this training plan are;
> Nutrition and hydration
> Running before and after mountain biking
> Training with your partner; who’s stronger at what?
> Completing “big weekends” to simulate the 2-day demands of defiance
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.