Uphill AthleteAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week training plan is ideal for the moderately active person planning a trek such as Everest Base camp or the Annapurna Circuit who lives and works in a city and/or is otherwise limited in their ability to hike outdoors on mountainous our even hilly terrain due to weather or locale. The exercises are meant to be done largely on the equipment available in most commercial and even some well equipped home gyms. So, access to a treadmill, stairclimber machine, stationary bike and rowing machine is required. If yo have access to big hills and mountains right out your back door though, feel free to substitute the real McCoy for these exercise machines. The only other special requirements will be a heart rate monitor to control the intensity of the aerobic workouts and access to some steep stairs such as found in tall buildings for fire exits. Preferably these stairs will allow you at least a continuous climb of 5 minutes but smaller buildings will suffice. You will just need to go up and down more. The most important factor in your successful and enjoyable trek is going to be your fitness. Sticking with this plan will give you the base fitness you need to not only complete the trek but to enjoy the experience.
Time requirements begin at just over 4 hours in the first week and peak at over 7 hours in the final week.
Thank you your interest in our training plans. To be sure you are satisfied with your purchase, please leave your email during the checkout process so we can contact you.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.