Duathlon - short course - Intermediate
Karen BuxtonAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week plan is designed for the multisport athlete who has a few races (tris or dus) under their belt and is looking for a more focused plan to train for their next or first duathlon. Before starting this plan you should be able to cycle comfortably for at least 60 minutes (outdoors, stationary bike and or spin classes) and should be able to run for at least 30 minutes. You should be able to workout 30 to 60 minutes per day during the week and up 2 hours per day on the weekends.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:54 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|2:53 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|0:25 hrs||0:10 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:54 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||2:53 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||0:25 hrs||0:10 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?