Eric SchwartzAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week training plan, written by former Duathlon Natonial Champion, coach, and Duathlon.com founder Eric Schwartz, is for the experienced duathlete looking for peak performance in a 10k run, 40k bike, 5k run or similar distance duathlon. This plan is a great fit for athletes training for the National Championships or the World Championships.
I've coached several gold, silver, and bronze medalists at the Duathlon World Championships, and I would feel comfortable giving them this plan to earn another medal.
Athletes using this plan should have a minimum of 2-3 years of multisport experience and should have a solid training base. This plan contains a significant quantity of training intensity.
Mondays are generally day off/recovery days, and approximately 3 days of each week include both a bike and run workout.
The plan includes some flexibility in training time and workouts. Following the minimum workout requirements requires 8-12 hours of training per week. Doing the maximum requires 12-14 hours per week.
Testimonials for Eric's Duathlon Training Plans are available here: http://goo.gl/pv8ZA
Duathlon Training Plan FAQs: http://bit.ly/DuathlonFAQ
If you additional questions about this plan email at Eric.Boulder@gmail.com and I'll respond quickly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.