Endurance Strong (David Kell)
This is a training plan created by Endurance Strong is designed to prepare an "Off the Couch" Beginner Duathlete for a Sprint Duathlon Race (5k/20k/2.5k or similar). On Non-Recovery Weeks this plan ranges from 1.75-4.5hrs/wk and 65-305TSS/wk. This plan has notes on how and when to incorporate strength training but no other strength training guidance. Endurance Strong also offers this same Training Plan with a full Strength Training Plan included at a slightly higher price point (Best Value), as well as separate Strength Training Plans.
Weeks 1-4 of this plan work on gradually building volume (duration) of running and cycling, then some intensity is gradually added in through rest of plan and generally follows the sequence of:
- Monday - Off
- Tuesday – Run Intervals (Track)
- Wednesday - Easy Bike and Strength Training
- Thursday – Shorter Run / Tempo Run
- Friday - Bike Interval / Threshold Workouts
- Saturday – Long Run and Strength Training
- Sunday – Long Bike Ride
*Last but not least, 10% of Endurance Strong's net profits goes to charity, so Thank You for your support! For more information about the creator of this training plan please visit EnduranceStrong.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.