This is a training plan created by Endurance Strong is designed to prepare an Intermediate Duathlete for a Sprint Duathlon Race (5k/20k/2.5k or similar). On Non-Recovery Weeks this plan ranges from 10-12hrs/wk and 570-775TSS/wk. Recommended starting fitness would be a CTL in the 50's or 60's, which our Intermediate Base Training Plans should arrive you at. This plan has notes on how and when to incorporate strength training but no other strength training guidance. Endurance Strong also offers this same Training Plan with a full Strength Training Plan included at a slightly higher price point (Best Value), as well as separate Strength Training Plans. This plan generally follows the sequence of:
- Monday - Off
- Tuesday – Run Intervals (Track) and Shorter Endurance Rides
- Wednesday - Easy Run and Strength Training
- Thursday – Bike Interval / Threshold Workouts and Shorter Endurance Runs
- Friday - Easy Bike Ride
- Saturday – Bike Heavy Brick Workouts and Strength Training
- Sunday – Long Runs or Run Heavy Brick Workouts
*Last but not least, 10% of Endurance Strong's net profits goes to charity, so Thank You for your support! For more information about the creator of this training plan please visit EnduranceStrong.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.