Duathlon Foundation | Beginner | 4 Week - Part 5 | Offseason & Base Phase w/ Strength Training
Mark SaroniAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Winning is a Mindset Not a Spot on the Podium
The Duathlon Foundation plan focuses on building specific running & cycling strength & aerobic conditioning during the foundation phase of an athlete's training season. Whether you race duathlon exclusively, are a runner that enjoys cross-training with the bike, or a triathlete who doesn't have access to a pool, this plan provides a balanced & safe progression in volume & intensity to help you get fit & Suffer Faster than you ever have before!
"The program gets five stars from me. At the end of the day, what matters is performance: Did I improve? Am I faster? Am I stronger? Do I feel better? The answer to these questions is a resounding yes."
Wondering if this plan is right for you?
CONTACT us & we'll help you make the right decision
- Emphasis on skill development, running mechanics, strength training, mobility & force generation
- Similar workouts as our Triathlon Foundation plans but with extra cycling & running in place of swim workouts.
- Works on sport specific technical limiters
- Detailed workout instructions
- Intervals set to your specific training zones
- Plan can be re-used year after year
Build your Chronic Training Load in a consistent & safe manner!
- GPS watch
- Access to basic strength & mobility equipment (stretch cords, free weights)
- *A HR monitor is recommended but not required
- Unlimited athlete-initiated email support
- Workout exports to Garmin, Zwift, & other platforms
📩 Additional Information
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|0:03 hrs||0:05 hrs|
|0:55 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|2:23 hrs||1:20 hrs|
|3:24 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:03 hrs||0:05 hrs|
||0:55 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||2:23 hrs||1:20 hrs|
||3:24 hrs||3:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor