Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
This a 10 week plan for the BEGINNER athlete looking to undertake a Duathlon. The plan will suite people who have no previous experience in participating in such an event such as a
Super Sprint - 2.5km run / 10km bike / 1.25km run
Sprint - 5km run / 20km bike / 2.5km run
All workouts are written in plain easy to understand English and based on heart rate zones or Rate of Perceived Effort (RPE). If using heart rate you will require a suitable watch that you can view your heart rate whilst doing the workouts.
Whilst not the most accurate as every individual is different, the simplest method for determining your maximum heart rate is the "220 minus your age" method. Based on the derived number, we can calculate your zones which are applied in the plan. It is a good enough starting point for a Beginner to be able to exercise to heart rate.
For an example, if you are a 35 year old athlete, Maximum heart rate is 220-35 years - 185 beats per minute.
Zones for training:
Zone 4: 80-95% of 185 bpm = 166 to 175 bpm
Zone 3: 86-89% of 185 bpm = 159 to 165 bpm
Zone 2: 75-85% of 185 bpm = 139 to 158 bpm
Zone 1: 65-74% of 185 bpm = 120 to 138 bpm
After completing the 10 week plan you will have a a good fitness to complete your duathlon.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.