8 week Standard Distance Duathlon Training - Beginner
Kyla LupoAll plans by this Coach
I'm Kyla Lupo and I'll be your digital coach as you train your way to a standard/olympic distance duathlon.
The race distance is a 10k run - 25mile bike - 5k run
This plan assumes you have already some experience with biking and running.
You should be able to comfortably bike 5 miles without being sore the next day.
You should be able to run 2 miles without being sore the next day.
You have some experience doing strength workouts and know your own limits.
We'll take these 8 weeks to build up your base of mileage. If you haven't done anything longer than a Sprint or 5K this is a GREAT plan to start with. You can follow it with the "8 week Standard Distance Duathlon - Intermediate" to help you get some speed and efficiency.
Any questions at all, ever, email me at email@example.com
If you have bigger questions (including if this is the right plan for you), get on my calendar for 30 minutes. Use this link:
If you're interested in my team visit www.teamgobig.life
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?