Dr. Chris MyersAll plans by this Coach
Welcome to the Peaks Coaching Group SwimRun Intermediate Training Plan. This training plan is an 8-week build and can be used for the single and doubles SwimRun short course. This plan assumes you have already performed a base build. Over the 8-weeks, your program will prepare you for the event with the following structure:
1. Test Week - 1 week
2. Build block - 3 weeks
3. Recovery Week - 1 week
4. Peak block - 2 weeks
5. Taper week - 1 week
During these blocks, you will focus on critical elements of SwimRun such as transitioning from the swim to the run and back to the swim, swimming with paddles, swim and run speed work, and SwimRun specific resistance training. The average training time will be 10-12 hrs/week with longer training sessions occurring on the weekends. No matter your experience level, this plan will make you ready for your SwimRun short course event, and you will have fun training!
This entire program is written by Dr. Chris Myers who has a Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology, specializing in endurance physiology, and has a background in sports nutrition. He is the Head Coach and founder of 3 Sports Science, USAC Level 1 Coach, USA Swimming Level 4, USAT Level IIE, and IMU Certified coach.
Thank you for your interest in this training plan. If you have any questions, comments, or need clarification, feel free to email Chris at email@example.com.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.