Duathlon: 5k/30k/5k and Shorter Beginner Plan 2.5-6.5 hrs/wk
Eric SchwartzAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week training plan, written by former Duathlon Natonial Champion and Duathlon.com founder Eric Schwartz, is for beginning duathletes competing in a short distance duathlon up to a distance of a 3.1 mile run, 18 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run. Only minimal fitness is needed before starting this plan. The first week includes five days of training with runs ranging from 10-30 minutes and bike rides of 30-60 minutes. With a maximum week of 6.5 hours of training, you will be ready to complete in your first duathlon in just 12 weeks.
Testimonials for Eric's Duathlon Training Plans are available here: http://goo.gl/pv8ZA
Duathlon Training Plan FAQs: http://bit.ly/DuathlonFAQ
If you have additional questions about this plan email Eric.Boulder@gmail.com and I'll respond quickly.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?