Lauren UpdykeAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week off season training program is a great choice for athletes who are looking to gain strength and fitness in the off season to come out of the winter stronger than ever. Athletes are scheduled 6 days of the week with 1 full day off. Two days are lighter, easier rides combined with a strength workout. The rest of the cycle workouts are challenging and have a specific purpose.
The plan is broken into 4 week chunks with the first 4 weeks focusing on cadence and efficiency. The middle 4 weeks we focus on increasing the athlete's aerobic force. The final 4 weeks the plan focuses on shorter more intense efforts to improve anaerobic efficiency.
This plan is appropriate for anyone who has a basic understanding of cycling. All workouts can be done either on an indoor trainer, power based trainer (Wahoo Kick'r/Computrainer/etc), or out on the road. Be sure to read through each workout as there may be slight changes in the workouts between trainer and road.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?