12 Week Winter Base Training Cat 4/5 Racer
Winston DavidAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed for a category 4/5 racer looking to get in a solid winter base. The athlete will make gains in endurance and will improve lactate threshold by following this plan. There are 4 training days/ week (2 weekday workouts and 2 weekend workouts). The longest ride length is 2.5 hours. Most workouts are hours 1-1.5. The rider can use HR, power, or perceived exertion to follow this plan. The athlete should consult with their doctor and be sure they are healthy enough to exercise at a high intensity before beginning this plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:01 hrs||2:30 hrs|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:01 hrs||2:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?