Greg GrandgeorgeAll plans by this Coach
This training plan is for newer to intermediate cyclists for base training. The plan assumes that the athlete has been riding 3-4 hours per week and can start with endurance riding of 90 minutes in one workout.
It has a minimum weekly volume of 4:20, maximum of 9:45, an average of 7.1 hours per week, and includes two full days off per week (Monday and Friday). Longer endurance rides are on the weekends, with a maximal workout time of 90 minutes during the weekdays. This plan also includes basic strength sessions.
This plan utilizes a combination of power and heart rate (HR) based workouts. It utilizes power for interval type work, and heart rate for longer endurance work. In general, the interval work is best performed indoors on a trainer for most people. To utilize this plan, you will need both a power meter and a heart rate monitor.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?