This is a template for a sustainable, repeatable periodised training plan that can be utilised as a foundation for either performance training (eg. race preparation) or perpetual metabolic fitness (eg. general health, metabolic flexibility, and fitness).
Example training weeks are provided, but are intended to be modified to suit your particular goals and schedule. No activity durations are provided, as each session should be modified and moved around to suit your time availability and capacity to absorb a given weekly training volume. Experiment, and adjust accordingly.
Each training block can be rotated through and re-ordered to suit your goals and preferences.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.