Dylan JohnsonAll plans by this Coach
This plan should be done after off season strength work and before race season or when you'd like to be in peak shape. The overall volume builds throughout the plan as well as the volume of steady state(near threshold) intensity. The volume of leg focused lifting sets per session is adjusted based on the goal for the week. This plan is suitable for most disciplines of cycling including road, mtb, gravel, cyclocross, etc.
The difference between this plan and the other base training plan is that the intensity during the endurance rides varies in order to keep you interested while riding on the indoor trainer. The long rides are also split into two rides. There is not a physiological reason for these changes, it is just to improve motivation while stuck indoors. If you have the opportunity to do an endurance ride outdoors then ride for the same duration at 55 to 75% of FTP and ignore the intensity prescription.
As always the plan is simple, easy to follow, and based on research, not assumptions. Everything you need and nothing you don't.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.