Tom BellAll plans by this Coach
Before purchasing any of our plans, we recommend completing this questionnaire, which will allow us to advise on which plan(s) are best suited to you and your training goals, and how our plans can be combined to create a progressive and well-rounded training program.
This plan is intended for cyclists who are new to structured training, and/or who have recently had an extended training break with no training, or relatively low volumes of weekly training (6H/week or less) for a period of several months or more.
Through this plan, we aim to (re)condition your muscles and ligaments and build a base level of aerobic fitness that will help you to safely and successfully complete subsequent training involving higher volumes of both low and high intensity work.
The plan has four key objectives:
1. Gradually increase the length of your longest ride each week.
2. Gradually increase the length of time you can spend riding above your threshold power.
3. Gradually increase the length of time you can spend riding slightly below your threshold power.
4. Gradually introduce some high-power surges to begin activating your Type IIa and Type IIb (aka 'fast twitch') muscle fibres.
Who’s it for?
This plan is particularly suited to new or novice cyclists, cyclists who have had an extended break from training, or anyone who feels they need a more gradual introduction to structured training.
- Built using TrainingPeaks’ Workout Builder
- All workouts exportable to .FIT, .ZWO, .ERG formats (to be used with Zwift, TrainerRoad etc.)
- User guide to help customise training plan and ensure you know how to complete the training sessions optimally
- Polarised/pyramidal intensity distribution
- Variety of interval workouts
- All workouts designed for power meter users
- Each workout’s purpose and key adaptations clearly communicated, including references to relevant scientific sources
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?