Aerobic Volume based on Perceived Effort
Patrick SmithAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed to increase aerobic base through easy to moderate effort. It starts with 7 hours per week and gradually increases to 11.5 hours during the longest week. There are no prescribed power zones. Everything is based on perceived effort. This plan is best for riders who are currently in the 6-8 hours per week riding volume looking to extend their time to exhaustion and general aerobic capacity.
All the workouts are low intensity and are not likely to produce significant post-workout fatigue. Scheduling is designed around 5 workouts per week with the longest ride falling on a weekend. Athletes can significantly adjust the volume per ride as long as their volume and intensity per week matches the plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?