12 Week MTB strength and fitness
Dewald Van RooyenAll plans by this Coach
12 Week mountain bike specific plan to get you strong and fit for your next mountain bike event. We start with 4 weeks of building a foundation. After that we hit some sessions to target mountain bike specific racing, ie lots of burst of speed.
Expect to improve your strength on the bike as well, improving your climbing ability and improving your VO2 max for those bursts of speed as you come out a corner or getting over a short steep climb
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|6:54 hrs||4:00 hrs|
|1:50 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||6:54 hrs||4:00 hrs|
||1:50 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?