Coach Matt PoweredAll plans by this Coach
Based on my videos:
This is a high intensity cycling plan but is applicable to running and triathlon as well. This is the more beginner version of my quick high intensity plans so you do not need to have a large base level of fitness but you should be riding at least 2 or 3 times a week before attempting this plan.
Some notes on the high intensity intervals
Keep Cadence above 85 at all times during the high intensity intervals, your cadence can be lower during recovery
Do Not use the erg mode, these high power intervals are much better done with the erg mode because
1. You want to make sure you going hard enough and the only way to do that is to really challenge yourself
2. If you set the erg power just a hair too high, you will stall out and have to reset the system if/when your cadence drops
Whether you nail the power exactly or fade is not really important, you'll get the max benefit of this workout as long as you're putting in top end effort (even if your power begins to fall)
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.