Volume Block - Understanding the Physiology and Progressions (Cycling & XC Skiing)
2x4 CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This plan will be a great tool to teach you how plan your own volume block. We will discuss physiology and training principles that are relevant to building up your total weekly volume and how to avoid over-reaching or over-training.
The plan starts at 8hrs/week and builds to 11hrs/week although we include notes on how to modify the hours to align with what your typical total weekly hours looks like.
We also include strength training in this plan with links to follow along strength workouts.
2x4 Coaching is your one-stop-shop for endurance coaching, physiology consulting, strength coaching and sport-specific technical feedback for mountain bikers and xc skiers.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|8:30 hrs||3:30 hrs|
|1:00 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||8:30 hrs||3:30 hrs|
||1:00 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?