Mitchell Sides, BSed- Source EnduranceAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed to take riders from a low to moderate amount of fitness up to a transition or build phase. The plan builds time at steady state, tempo, and FTP to improve primarily aerobic fitness. This plan is best used as a preamble to a cycling season, and is well applicable to road, mountain, and cyclocross disciplines, as well as for bike leg training for triathlon.
The plan is in 3 cycles of 4 weeks each, which each include 1 rest week and 3 weeks where duration of tempo, sweet spot/steady state, and threshold intervals progress throughout each cycle. The plan can also be helpful for jumping into a season of racing with little or poor prior training for more advanced athletes. Simply replace the weekend workouts with racing and recovery as needed.
There is a small amount VO2max work as a precursor to a more full anaerobic or VO2 based build phase. This VO2 should be sufficient to begin an athlete's acclimation to higher intensity efforts.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?