8-Week Climbing Training Plan (6-8 hours/week)
Landry BoboAll plans by this Coach
Do you want to improve your climbing ability and become an overall stronger rider? This plan focuses on the areas of training critical for climbing. This plan is great for those with limited training time and is ideal for riders who train indoors. This plan also works for those who train mostly outdoors if the you have the right terrain nearby. It is recommended that you execute all intervals on climbs to reap the full benefits. It is recommended that you have completed 1-2 months of base training before beginning this program.
--FTP, muscular endurance
--Strength needed for the steep stuff
--Proficiency riding up hills (train on the climbs!)
-Training Experience: 3+ years
-Availability: 5+ days/wk
-Level of fitness: 1-2 months base training minimum
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?