Off season weight training plan, 6 hours a week (8 week) DJT
Dylan JohnsonAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed around the research on lifting for cycling performance. Cyclists should be lifting if they want to get faster! Both lifting and riding volume increase throughout the plan. Running can be substituted for other forms of cross training.
I recommend watching my video on weight lifting to go along with this plan: https://youtu.be/V88wwTCs680
As always the plan is simple, easy to follow, and based on research, not assumptions. Everything you need and nothing you don't.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:20 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|1:24 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:20 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||1:24 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?