Pete MacLeodAll plans by this Coach
This plan will help you reach your goals or set a personal record for longer gravel type events (50-70 miles) and is recommended for riders who have some racing experience. Ideally you would have both a road and mountain bike to compliment your gravel bike, but it can be easily completed with just a gravel bike. A heart rate monitor is required. Power is not required, but it is recommended. Typical weeks will be around 10 hours of training (sometimes more), with recovery weeks around 7 hours of training. Most week day workouts are only 90 minutes or less.
This plan will take you through every step and phase of the training season. Additionally, this plan incorporates strength training.
The plan starts with a base period where endurance and efficiency are the focus. During this phase, workouts include endurance rides, weight training and efficiency drills. As the program progresses, weights are phased out, and more intense intervals begin.
After the base period, you will start the build period. During this phase the emphasis will be increasing threshold power and speed. The workouts in the build period are designed to improve your starts, increase your power, and improve your ability to carry speed for longer durations. The plan concludes with a two week taper before your target event.
Throughout the plan you will perform field tests to gauge fitness and there are opportunities to incorporate other events.
As always, custom plans can be created specifically for your needs, contact Pete at www.holdfastcoaching.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.